How I lost 2 hours of my life
…I went to see the new Twilight movie.
But it’s ok because:
- I waited until two weeks after opening weekend,
- I deliberately paid the matinée price, and
- I traveled 25 miles to see it, so as not to be caught by any acquaintances.
What I learned:
- There is something appealing about vampires.
- Even though he clearly lost, I’m still Team Jacob (I mean, you could make a grilled cheese sandwich on those abs).
- Ashleigh lives far away.
- Titanic is coming back to theaters – in 3D – and Kate and I both cried during the trailer alone. Stoked!
- As if the “miracle of life” didn’t already creep me out, I’m officially scarred for life. We’re talking worse than the scene in Knocked Up. Shocked that I didn’t have seizure. This is a tween movie! Except…
- This movie is solely supported by women aged 25-55; not a teenager in the theater.
But while I wasted 2 hours of my life on Twilight, I made up for it by being productive with the blog – and IT-savvy, might I add.
Look at your Web address bar. You’re not where you thought you were. Welcome to LindsayLearns.com!
I dropped the “Every Day” part from the URL because alliteration is amazing to make it simpler for audiences. However, I’m still keeping the “Every Day” as part of the blog name – for now. The “Every Day” concept was important when the blog was created 3-ish years ago, but the blog is evolving (I’m realizing that I’m not learning as much goofy stuff as I once did…bummer…), so I’m still trying to figure out its direction.
Eventually, I’ll get more strategic about the branding aspects and positioning of this blog. But right now, not gonna lie, I do feel like dropping the “Every Day” part reduces the pressure of needing to learn something and blog about it every day. Regardless, I’m keeping with it. I’m committed.
And when my credit card gets involved, that’s basically love.
I mean, check it: I even have a new email address: Lindsay@LindsayLearns.com. AND I have a few other integrations and design changes in the works. Therefore, I’ve also learned that I’m pretty good at managing the back-end of blogs, which is becoming increasingly important as a marketer.
So update your bookmarks, kids – LindsayLearns.com is official. And I KNOW you already have me bookmarked…